Below are some testimonials from our candidates:
- Debbie, Business Manager, Birmingham “I was very impressed with Aspire People and particularly with Kelly Steadman who really played an active role in finding me temp work and keeping in touch, very much appreciated, you were the best out of the agencies I’ve had contact with. All the best, hope our paths will cross again soon.”
- Michael, Secondary PGCE Student, Staffordshire “I just wanted to write to Aspire to thank you for my time working with you this year. Due to the work and experience I have had with you, I have now successfully got a place on a PGCE at Liverpool John Moores University starting in September for PE. I believe that the experience you helped me gain went a massive way to securing that place as I am 1 of 36 who got a place out of 800+ applicants so I cannot thank you enough. I would like to personally thank Emily Kramer, she has been fantastic at finding me work and ensuring I had something every week, as well as giving me PE cover where ever possible, I cannot thank her enough for her hard work for the first day I met her for an Interview till now. I hope to keep in touch with Aspire in case I need to return as an NQT this time next year. Thank you again and I will recommend you to all schools I visit in the future, as well as people that will be in the same position that I was.”
- Ruth, Primary Teacher, Birmingham – “Aspire People is always friendly and polite and my consultant Mark Birmingham always sounds appreciative when I say I can do a placement, and he has offered me a good few days’ work. I am registered with 3 agencies and I am happiest with Aspire, who find much more work and pay better.”
- Hadeeb, Secondary Teacher, Birmingham “Work is fantastic at the moment – really enjoying my assignment. My consultant Cherie-Anne Baxter is very helpful and friendly. I have no criticisms whatsoever. Aspire is simply the best – no other agency can match their league of efficiency. “
- Chris, Secondary Teacher, Birmingham – “Aspire People and my consultant is friendly and efficient. If I was to compare the agency to a famous person it would probably be Hilary Devey from Dragon’s Den: experienced, broad-shouldered and keen to succeed.”
- Patrick, Secondary Teacher, Dudley – “Aspire People is really good and my consultant Sam Green seems to care about me as a person rather than a just a supply to fill in gaps that make Aspire money.”
- Vincent , Secondary Teacher, Birmingham – “Having started as a cover supervisor, Aspire People actively encouraged me to qualify as a teacher and advised me which course to choose. After gaining my PGCE, I had no hesitation in working with them again as I knew there would be regular work and I would be treated professionally. Over the last three years I have been made to feel part of the team and have always felt supported through any difficult times I have had whilst working in education. “
- Valarie, Head Teacher’s PA, Birmingham – “I registered with Aspire People on 27th September and within 7 working days my vetting checks had been completed and I was placed in to a school. The application process was informative yet friendly and relaxed. Other agencies I registered with were not as friendly and made me feel nervous and unwelcome. I get on really well with my consultant, Kelly. Overall Aspire People is friendly, helpful and professional.”
- Sam , Cover Supervisor, Leicester – “When I first applied for Aspire People as a Cover Supervisor, I had very little experience of working in schools. My consultant made sure I was fully aware of how to safeguard both myself and the pupils. I was even asked to complete a scenario based questionnaire this not only helped to highlight gaps in my knowledge but taught me precisely how to deal with a range of classroom issues.”
- Jo, School Business Manager, Sutton Coldfield – “Even though I came from an industry background my consultant genuinely valued the experience I could bring to a school. She really went that extra mile to find me work by organising training on school IT systems. On top of that she secured me voluntary work to support my Diploma in School Business Management Studies.”
- Helen, Secondary Teacher, Coventry – “The Payroll department at Aspire People is really efficient. I’m always paid on time, any queries I do have are dealt with efficiently and quickly. The staff are friendly and respond to emails or texts without delay. From my point of view Aspire People is an excellent agency to work for.”
- Lucy, Basic Skills Teacher, Kings Heath – “My consultant has found me work every day which has led to some wonderful long term assignments. When I am sent to an assignment I feel as if I am visiting the school as an ambassador for Aspire People and I am proud to work for what I feel is by far the best teaching agency in the West Midlands.”
- Shahida, Primary Teacher, Birmingham – “I worked with Aspire a few months, I found it difficult securing a full time position and supply was recommended to me. Like everyone who goes in for supply I was very wary and nervous at the start, but my first day of work was great! My consultant, Mark Birmingham, ensured I was in work more or less everyday. All the placements I had were at nice schools, within a reasonable travelling distance – Mark always checked whether the schools were appropriate for me to travel to before waking me up!! A lot of my earlier placements had been day-to-day, which sometimes led to weekly placements at schools.”
- Martyne, Primary Teacher, Coventry – “In addition to providing a high level of professionalism, Aspire People offer a friendly, pleasant and efficient environment for supply teachers, office and technical support staff. They provide work on a regular basis and strive to place employees in recurring positions where possible. My consultant has always listened to my needs and fine tuned the assignments I do.”
- Christa, PE Teacher, Warwickshire – “After graduating from university with sports science I started working for Aspire as a girls PE supply teacher I found them very helpful and they always managed to get me regular work. The work I got from them helped me to gain enough experience to get on a PGCE course. I rejoined Aspire as a supply teacher after my PGCE as an NQT and am still with them now. They are very friendly and reliable.”
- Ashley, Cover Supervisor, Staffordshire – “My consultant at Aspire People is very polite and nice to talk to. Aspire People has a great reputation and is down to earth.”
- Chris, Secondary Teacher, Sandwell – “I am proud to say that I have worked on and off for Aspire for approx five years. In the capacity of a Cover Supervisor and more recently as a fully qualified ICT teacher, I have found Aspire, in particular Sam Green, to be approachable, sincere and all round nice person finding work for me. It is certainly tough in the market at the moment and I always found it warming when schools appreciated the calibre of supply teachers being sent to them and the thorough vetting that Aspire undertake. Aspire People is established, respected, serious with a humorous side but also with a great perception in the business.”
- Francesca, Stoke-on-Trent” Emily is my consultant for the Staffordshire area. She is very friendly and well organised always making sure that her colleagues know what they are doing and often asking for feedback. I have worked for Aspire People for around 14 months now and I have really enjoyed my employment with them because of her constant and reliable contact. Emily is a very understanding individual and she does not hesitate to give advice when it is needed. I have personally enjoyed working with Emily and would recommend anyone to come on board with her as their consultant.”
- David, Staffordshire Cover Supervisor“Working with Aspire People has been great, Emily Kramer has been a star, always very helpful and appreciative for my work. Having worked with other agencies, I would certainlyrecommend Aspire People as the best; and have been very helpful in putting extra experience in schools on my C.V with my successful PGCE application for this coming September.”
- Leanne, Stoke-on-Trent“I am very much enjoying working for Aspire People at the moment, I am working in some really lovely schools and the rate of work I am getting at the moment is great. My consultant Emily is really supportive, and understanding and she has provided me with some really good feedback on where I am doing well in schools and where I am doing not so well which has helped me to adapt my working style to better fit the schools in which I am working.”
- Michelle, Lichfield “I’ve been working with Aspire People as a Cover Supervisor for the last year and have always found them to be extremely professional. My consultant, Emily Kramer, has found me work in a number of local schools and is often able to find me work covering science lessons, which I particularly enjoy. Emily has always been really helpful, and I know that she is just at the other end of the phone if I ever have a query or need any advice.”
- Abigail, Stafford“Emily works hard to develop positive relationships with candidates and schools, assessing the correct person for each assignment, aiming to provide both a steady flow of work and a reliable service”
- Adam, Cannock“Working with Emily is a pleasant experience, her attention to detail is excellent i know exactly where im going and what i am going to do. She communicates in a clear professional manner whilst also allowing scope for a more personal touch.”
- Mrs. Mayer, Nottingham Cover Supervisor “Adam Cox has been my consultant at Aspire People since September 2013. He has given me guidance and encouragement, his friendly and reassuring communication both verbal and written kept me inspired and motivated to do my best at my assignments. And I have had the good fortune to get regular assignments almost every week. It has been an absolute pleasure to have worked with him so far and I cannot but recommend him most highly for his efficiency and skill as a consultant. His professional and courteous interaction and commitment towards me and other Cover Supervisors in Nottingham is clearly evident and noteworthy. I have had no hesitation at all to get in touch with him in regards to any enquiry or query that I may have had, and his response/advice has always been prompt and helpful. Personally I find him extremely professional, efficient and consistent in his role as my consultant and it’s a privilege to work with him.”
- Mrs.Balestra, Nottingham French Teacher. “Aspire People was recommended to me by my work adviser at INGEUS, when I was looking for work after having been made redundant. I had never done supply work before so I was rather nervous, especially as I had spent nearly two years recovering from depression. I believe that being able to trust your contact person’ is absolutely essential so that you can build a good relationship with him/her. Adam Cox is exceptionally friendly, helpful, reliable and supportive, and has been from day one. When I started my first supply work at an Academy that Adam set up for me, he liaised with the cover supervisor and dealt with all the admin. That really helped a lot as I had enough to cope with facing teaching in a secondary school after a two-year gap. Equally, when I went to another school for one day’s cover, I was even more nervous as it was to cover English lessons, not my specialty subject ( which is Languages). However Adam was very encouraging and reassuring. He also gave me lots of useful information, for example: what other supply teachers had said about the school, car parking facilities etc…He reminded me what documents I needed to take and also rang me to check I wasn’t lost and had found the place ok. So it all boosted my confidence. I also appreciate Adam’s pleasant and calm telephone manner and the fact he is supportive and not pushy/bossy. After I had joined Aspire People I registered with another agency, as my job adviser said it would increase my chances of finding work. However, my contact at that particular agency arranged for me to go to a school and teach a lesson whilst being observed, before checking the date was ok with me! When I declined, my contact sounded quite put out and almost cross with me, trying to get me to change my mind. When I have any questions or concerns I know I can text Adam at any time of the day or evening and will receive a prompt reply. Adam is also very good at keeping in regular contact. Finally I don’t feel I am just one ‘number’ on a long list of supply teachers. I feel that Adam has my best interests at heart and I am so glad he is my contact at Aspire People.”
- Mr. Mukuka Nottingham Cover Supervisor “In the time I have worked for supply teaching agency Aspire People, Adam has been an outstanding consultant. When I began working, he equipped me with the required resources for my job. He was keen to get me into work as soon as possible and this enabled me to look forward to working with Aspire People. Furthermore, Adam’s ability to build communication and relationships with teachers is extremely important. This has helped, because it shows that Aspire People are interested in building positive relationships and promoting community. I would recommend working for Aspire due to people like Adam.”
- Mrs. Self Nottingham Supply Teacher “I have worked with Adam this term and have found him to be professional pleasant and helpful. He found me suitable cover work at the beginning of this term and has always responded to any queries I’ve had very promptly and satisfactorily. He has readily messaged me in the evenings and at the week-end when necessary, and he has a friendly, helpful attitude. I am confident that he will do his best to find me suitable work after the Easter break.”
- Mr. Fisher Nottingham English Teacher“Since I first started working with Adam whilst I was on placement in the autumn term, I have had nothing but first rate service from him. I have found Adam to be assiduous in finding work placements, and supportive once on placement in all ways. I have been so impressed by the service that I have received that I recommended a friend to sign up with Aspire People on the basis that Adam would be working for her. Adam is a great guy and I really cannot praise him too highly.”
- Sean, Leicester “I have been an associate of Aspire People for almost two years. I was first introduced to Aspire via Alan Hull. During this time I have been supported and mentored by Alan and all the administration team at Aspire People. Right from the outsight, Alan has been the consummate business professional. His attention to detail is second to none from the level of information provided re. all appointments/ bookings in those schools where I am scheduled to work, (including school contact details, start time, and an overview of the culture of the school). Outside of the booking process Alan has proved to be an excellent mentor to me using his wealth of knowledge and experience of the education sector to guide through some of the challenges I have encountered whilst working in schools. On a personal note, I would like to thank Alan for not only providing professional support and guidance to me personally but also for the opportunities he has provided to enable me to develop my teaching skills and confidence in the class room.”
- Stella, Leicester Teacher “The quality of Aspire’s services are second to none. I have used other agencies before and Aspire really have always treated me with professionalism and respect; considering my strengths and the best schools to place me in. Al’s attention to detail is meticulous. I receive a phone call to check my availability, discuss the school in detail and he always asks if I want to take the contract. This is swiftly followed by an email to confirm the contract, giving contact details and post code details. On many occasions Al has even suggested a quicker/easier route to ensure I am there on-time as he understands the geography as well as the staffing needs of schools. He is timely with reminders about paperwork and administration, without sounding patronising. I have always found Al professional, approachable, knowledgeable, amenable and diligent in everything he does. Al has, on several occasions, has gone out of his way to help and support me and make me feel a valuable part of the Aspire team. In short, thank you for what you do Al. I would not be where I am today if it was not for his efforts. Thank you.”
Every candidate undergoes the following vetting procedures:
Face to face interview
Child Protection training
Fully Enhanced CRB
ISA barred list check
Employment and education references
Right to work in UK
Proof of Identity
2 x proof of address
Proof of NI
Proof of name change
Confirmation of GTC
Medical & health check
Overseas police checks
“our boys get to experience first hand what it is like to communicate with an employer”
‘Aspire People took part in an interview day that we held for pupils. Not only did they allow the boys to practice their interview technique but they coached and mentored them, providing constructive feedback. This additional service has a positive impact on the education we provide our pupils. They get to experience first hand what it is like to communicate with an employer.’
“If only all agencies valued candidates the way Aspire People do”
Even though I came from an industry background my consultant genuinely valued the experience I could bring to a school. She really went that extra mile to find me work by organising training on school IT systems. On top of that she secured me voluntary work to support my Diploma in School Business Management Studies.
Within one minute of sending my CV, Aspire contacted me for an interview
Aspire have been very influential in my career. After qualifying as a teacher, I was unsuccessful in securing a full-time teaching job. Within one minute of sending my CV, Aspire contacted me for an interview. They have been able to place me in a school on a long-term basis, which has been welcomed with gratitude. I am grateful and thankful to all of the team working for Aspire people, they are a great agency to work for. All members of staff have shown true professionalism and worked hard to ensure that myself and other colleagues who I have met through the agency are always working.
“The Woodlands School gets vouchers from Aspire People, we put them towards prize giving for pupils”
I frequently recommend Aspire People. Sometimes to acquaintances looking for work, to our own staff looking to gain experience before a GTP qualification or for those looking for a permanent position. The school received some vouchers from Aspire People which the Head of Science used to provide prizes for attainment for students of all abilities in science. Not only does the school benefit but the candidate we recommend and Aspire People.
“I have had nothing but first rate service from Aspire People”
“Since I first started working with Aspire People and my consultant Adam, I have had nothing but first rate service. I have found them to be assiduous in finding work placements, and supportive once on placement in all ways. I have been so impressed I recommended a friend. Adam is a great guy and I really cannot praise him too highly.”
Trusted because of an honest and open approach
Wheelers Lane Technology College have used the services of Aspire People for the last five years. The quality of staff supplied by Aspire are excellent and they adapt well to our school environment.
One of Aspires’ many qualities is the excellent relationship developed between their consultant and the school. Aspire are agency that are trusted because of their honest and open approach to their customers. Aspire will continue to be the agency that this college will contact in the first instance in respect of daily cover needs.
Safeguarding documentation is fantastic
I have used Aspire People since 2009, during this time I have found my consultant, to be very professional, honest and accommodating. The quality of safeguarding documentation is fantastic, having photographic evidence already on it gets a very big plus mark from our front office staff! Our business manager also likes the easy and efficient way that payments can be made. Overall I am very impressed with the service provided .
Aspire understands our needs and so we invariably employ their candidate
Aspire People have always been able to respond to requests with quality staff. Although we use a range of agencies when trying to fill long term we invariably employ the candidate recommended by Aspire People. This is because we have built up a relationship whereby our requirements are known and understood by them. As an Outstanding school at the forefront of educational provision it is essential that every lesson is delivered to the highest standards. The relationship we have with Aspire People is that we can candidly make our requirements known and they are able to choose a candidate that they are confident will meet our needs.
Aspire People has always been a pleasure to work with, totally professional,efficient and patient.
I have worked for Aspire People for four years and during that time, Aspire People has always been a pleasure to work with, my consultant Mark has always been totally professional,efficient and patient. I have always felt that Mark listened to my requirements for work and has consistently tried to match me with appropriate schools and year groups. Mark has been very understanding with family commitments so I have recommended Aspire People to several friends and to other supply teachers, and will continue to do so in the future.
I have been in work more or less everyday
My consultant, Mark Birmingham, ensured I was in work more or less everyday. All the placements I had were at nice schools, within a reasonable travelling distance – Mark always checked whether the schools were appropriate for me to travel to before waking me up!! A lot of my earlier placements had been day-to-day, which sometimes led to weekly placements at schools.
If you’re looking for an honest, efficient & quality provider of staff look no further than Aspire
“Holyhead had previously not used agencies. As a last resort I approached Aspire People about a DT technician. It was the best decision I could have made. We have been so impressed by their quality and efficiency we now contact Aspire People first regarding vacancies. If the candidate is suitable we keep them on a 10 week temporary basis then employ them ourselves with no extra cost! If you are looking for an honest, efficient and quality provider of staff then look no further than Aspire People.”
I was encouraged to do my PGCE
Having started as a cover supervisor, Aspire People actively encouraged me to qualify as a teacher and advised me which course to choose. After gaining my PGCE, I had no hesitation in working with them again as I knew there would be regular work and I would be treated professionally. Over the last three years I have been made to feel part of the team and have always felt supported through any difficult times I have had whilst working in education.
I am very pleased with the service I receive from Aspire. I feel valued as a member of their team
I have been working as a supply teacher for Aspire since March 2013. They have provided me with work at a variety of schools, both locally and further afield. I am currently completing a long-term cover at an East Staffordshire school. I am very pleased with the service I receive from Aspire. I receive an email confirming each contract very promptly, and the pay system is very efficient, and easy to use. My consultant is very professional at all times, and is always aware of my requirements. She has maintained very accurate records, and contacts me regularly for feedback, and confirmation of my availability. I feel valued as a member of their team, and would highly recommend Aspire to both schools and teachers.
A consistently friendly service from Aspire People and our Consultant
Aspire People offer a very efficient and friendly service. All their consultants are highly professional and the company is able to consistently deliver high quality supply staff
My consultant reflected the professional and personal qualities that Aspire People prides itself on
Right from when I registered, my consultant Emily reflected the professional and personal qualities that Aspire prides itself on. Emily understood my adaptability as a teacher but also my needs in terms of the type of school that would suit me. Clearly taking time to study the detail of my CV and skills and experience, this ensured bookings were appropriate for both myself and the school(s). I found Aspire People helpful, polite and dedicated. I recommended Aspire to a colleague largely on the basis of how Emily had presented herself and the agency.