Free Radio Academy
Over the last 3 years we have been working with Free Radio bringing “Christmas stars” to West midlands primary schools. With over 100 primary schools entering each year its safe to say that Christmas stars was a success and a joy to be part of. Last year called an end to Christmas stars as we looked to partner Free Radio to bring something new and different to our Primary and Secondary schools.
It gives us great pleasure to introduce you to The Academy in association with Free Radio, providing school pupils with a radio presenter experience.
The Academy is aimed to enhance the current school curriculum by:
- Strengthening cross-curricular links between English and ICT
- Providing an innovative skills based way of motivating and inspiring pupils
- Engaging with every pupil and helping them achieve their speaking and listening potential
- Giving pupils a great sense of citizenship and an involvement in the wider community
- Facilitates thinking skills and career skills from as early as KS2
- Encouraging pupils to be enterprising and independent
Want to take a listen into the pupils The Academy shows? we have a list of schools below who have recently took part in The Academy with photos and recordings from the day.