Experienced School Business Manager
Job Reference: OTSSBMJAN17
Date Added: 09.01.17
School Business Manager
GBP15-GBP20 per hour
Aspire People are an established education agency that are looking to recruit experienced School Business Manager s to work in secondary schools in the Coventry area.
The School Business Manager is the school’s leading support staff professional and works as part of the Senior Team to assist the Head Teacher in his/her duty to ensure that the school meets its educational aims.
You will be responsible for the Financial Resource Management/Administration Management/ Management Information and ICT/Human Resource Management/Facility and Property Management/ Health and Safety Management of the School.
You will ideally hold a Certificate of School Business Management (CBSM) and must have a background working as a Business Manager in a school previously.
Some of the duties that will be required are as follows:
* Attend Senior Management/Leadership Team, full Governing Body and appropriate Governors’ sub-committee meetings
* Submit the proposed budget to the Head Teacher and Governors for approval and assist the overall financial planning process
* Discuss, negotiate and agree the final budget
* Propose revisions to the budget if necessary, in response to significant or unforeseen developments
* Maintain a strategic financial plan that will indicate the trends and requirements of the school development plan and will forecast future year budgets
* Present timely and fully costed proposals, recommendations or bids
* Design and maintain administrative systems that deliver outcomes based on the school’s aims and goals
* Develop process measures that are affordable and that will enable value for money decisions for those managing resources
* Manage the payroll services for all school staff including the management of pension schemes and associated services.
* Ensure the school’s equality policy is clearly communicated to all staff in school
* Ensure that all recruitment, appraisal, staff development, grievance, disciplinary and redundancy
* Monitor the way policies and procedures are actioned and provide support where necessary
Please note – All applicants will be required to hold a valid DBS certificate or willing to pay for a new application.
**Only apply to work with Aspire People if you have previous experience of working in a school or an education establishment and are willing to work on a temporary ad-hoc basis **
If you are interested in applying for the position of School Business Manager or any of our other vacancies please do not hesitate to get in touch.
You can head to www.aspirepeople.co.uk for more information.
We hope to hear from you soon!
Aspire People Limited provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. Aspire People is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Criminal Records Bureau.
Job Reference: OTSSBMJAN17