Finance Assistant-Officer – Stoke-on-Trent
Job Reference: 0000094217
Date Added: 22.03.17
School Finance Assistant/ Officer
GBP9.50 – 10.50per hour
Temporary – Ongoing Contract
Aspire People are an established education agency working across the West and East Midlands. We are currently recruiting for experienced Finance Assistants/Officer It is essential that you have experience using one of the following finance systems CORRERO, SAP, SAGE, ORCALE and FMS.
The role as School Finance Assistant/Officer will require you to work under the guidance of the Head Teacher and also the Business Manager to be responsible for the provision of an effective financial support service for the academy and to assist with the planning and development of the support service.
All applicants for this School Finance Assistant/ Officer vacancies will be required to hold a valid DBS certificate or be prepared to pay GBP52 for a new one to be processed as part of your registration.
Some of the duties that will be required are as follows:
* Assist the Head teacher to prepare the school annual expenditure budget in accordance with BFBC guidelines and give financial advice.
* Manage the schools financial administration and for all relevant financial and accounting procedures, in accordance with the scheme of delegation and financial standing orders.
* Monitor budgets on a monthly basis, complete appropriate and other staffing matters and keep the head teacher informed.
* Monitor the financial effects of staff appointments and other staffing matters and keep the head teacher informed.
* Monitor all expenditure, orders raised, cheques printed, payments made, oversee receipt of goods, processing of journal entries and undertake end of the year school budget procedures.
* Utilise the computerised financial management system to present and interpret data and make recommendations as required.
* Manage the proper collection, reconciliation and banking of monies, including school private funds.
* Maintain all financial records and accounts (including financial archives)
* Process orders and services ensuring best value.
* Supervise other staff as appropriate
* Actively support the school and Borough Equal Opportunities policies
We offer holiday pay and bonus schemes and will find you work local to you to offer you the best work/life balance. Aspire People also offer highly competitive rates of pay. If you would be interested in applying for this role please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Aspire People Limited provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. Aspire People is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Criminal Records Bureau.
Job Reference: 0000094217