Attendance OfficerRegister with us
Job Reference: 00001016858789733222
Date Added: 15.05.18
Job Type: Education and Training
Sector: Office and Technical Support
Aspire People are looking for an Attendance Officer to work with one of our schools in Leicester. The Attendance Officer will be a part of the Office team while also supporting student and parent services within the Academy. The candidate must have relevant school experience, either in the same position or similar role.
The Attendance Officer will work alongside key school staff in school to promote excellent attendance,
reduce levels of absence and work with children and families to promote high levels of attendance.
It is important to:·
* Promote and support high levels of attendance
* To support students in achieving their full academic potential
* Promote a positive attendance and punctuality culture
* Form strong relationships with parents/carers
Duties will include;
* To work with groups of students to improve levels of attendance
* To work with parents/carers and other agencies in improving their child’s attendance record
and coordinating parental support and training where appropriate
* To undertake home and school visits as designated by the school/Educational Welfare Officer
* To interpret information relating to attendance patterns and identify key areas of concern for
Guidance Leaders and Assistant Headteachers
* To ensure all registers are completed and no missing marks or unexplained absences remain
* To assist with the identification of students who will receive support in improving their
* To follow School Policy of ‘first day contact’ within the school
* To check and remind any necessary staff to complete registers
* To ensure all unexplained absences are accounted for or send letter requesting an
You must have a DBS issued within the last 12 months and signed up to the update service or be willing to pay GBP52 for a new DBS check that you can take to any education environment.
Aspire People place over 700 people per week into schools across the East and West Midlands. Once you register with ourselves, you will have your own consultant who can offer you career guidance and support throughout assignments.
For more information on our current vacancies in Birmingham then please call Peter on 01162 986 598 or send your CV
Aspire People Limited provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. Aspire People is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.