Caretaker – DerbyRegister with us
Job Reference: 0000106442
Date Added: 08.01.18
£ £8.50 - £10.00 per hour
Job Type: Education and Training
Sector: Office and Technical Support
GBP8.50 – GBP10.50 per hour
Temporary – Short/Long term contracts
Start January 2018
Aspire People are an established education agency that are looking to recruit experienced School Caretakers to work in schools within the Derby and Derbyshire area – an area where we have a high number of regular using schools.
You must have previous experience working within a school environment, or in a similar position in a different sector as a caretaker or handyman. It is preferred that you have experience being a key holder, liaising with letting agents, dealing with alarm systems and general DIY maintenance skills.
The caretaker positions that we have available in Derby are temporary short term and long term posts.
Contracts are due to start immediately and may require you to work on a rota basis or through school holidays.
All applicants will be required to hold a valid DBS certificate or willing to pay for a new application at the cost of GBP52.
Some of the duties that will be required are as follows:
* Carrying out security procedures for school buildings and grounds.
* Opening and closing of school premises, including gates, doors, windows, fire exits, etc, for the purpose of school use, lettings, out of school hours functions, maintenance and emergency services.
* Regularly checking the proper operation and function of alarms and fire equipment and ensuring emergency exits are not obstructed
* Liaising with the emergency services including calling out as required.
* Reporting acts of theft or vandalism
* General maintenance duties around the school including litter picking
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted if you meet the above requirements. For more information, please contact James Kearney on 01332 898 966 or send your CV
Aspire People Limited provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. Aspire People is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.