School Caretaker – DudleyRegister with us
Job Reference: 00001204729845775122
Date Added: 05.10.18
£ £9.50 - £11 per hour
Job Type: Education and Training
Sector: Office and Technical Support
GBP8.50-GBP10.50 per hour
Aspire People are an established education agency that are looking to recruit experienced School Caretakers to work in schools within Dudley and Sandwell – an area where we have a high number of regular using schools.
You must have previous experience working within a school environment, or in a similar position in a different sector as a caretaker or handyman. It is preferred that you have experience being a key holder, liaising with letting agents, dealing with alarm systems and general DIY maintenance skills.
The caretaker positions that we have available are temporary short term and long term posts.
Contracts are due to start immediately and may require you to work on a rota basis or through school holidays.
All applicants will be required to hold a valid DBS certificate or willing to pay for a new application at the cost of GBP53.
Some of the duties that will be required are as follows:
* Carrying out security procedures for school buildings and grounds.
* Opening and closing of school premises, including gates, doors, windows, fire exits, etc, for the purpose of school use, lettings, out of school hours functions, maintenance and emergency services.
* Regularly checking the proper operation and function of alarms and fire equipment and ensuring emergency exits are not obstructed
* Liaising with the emergency services including calling out as required.
* Reporting acts of theft or vandalism
* General maintenance duties around the school including litter picking
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted if you meet the above requirements
Aspire people have a flexible and reliable approach to our schools and candidates and our consultants work around your requirements and objectives to ensure we find the right job for you. With the help of our experience, knowledge and contacts in local schools we can help you secure work, whether that is permanent, long term or short term contracts that you are looking for.
Aspire People are currently inundated with school caretaker vacancies across Dudley and Sandwell so if you would like more information on current vacancies then please call Peter on 0121 314 3606 or send your C.V.
Aspire People Limited provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. Aspire People is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.