Senior Lab TechnicianRegister with us
Job Reference: 00001016850215696855
Date Added: 20.03.18
£ £9 - £11 per hour
Job Type: Education and Training
Sector: SEN Non-Teaching
Senior Lab Technician
After Easter Half Term
Aspire People are looking for a Senior Lab Technician to work with one of our Secondary schools in after the Easter Holidays. The position can start immediately for the right candidate.
The position responsibilities include;
1. Lead, plan, train and review the work of staff responsible for the routine chemical and physical
analysis of water, wastewater, stormwater and industrial water to ensure compliance with federal
environmental compliance regulations.
2. Plan, direct and participate in the collection of water samples.
3. Train assigned employees in their areas of work including routine chemical and physical
analytical methods, procedures and techniques.
4. Supervise the use, care and operation of laboratory equipment including hydride generator and
5. Verify the work of assigned employees for accuracy, proper work methods, techniques and
compliance with applicable standards and specifications.
6. Prepare and standardize chemical reagents to specified volumes and concentrations; prepare
7. Maintain accurate files; enter test results into the computer and generate necessary reports.
8. Perform quality control tests and maintain quality control procedures in the laboratory.
9. Assist the Laboratory Chemist and Laboratory Supervisor in assessment and procurement of new
laboratory equipment; troubleshoot, clean and maintain laboratory equipment and supplies.
10. Assist the Laboratory Chemist in all types of laboratory testing as necessary; serve as back-up for
the Laboratory Chemist in his/her absence.
11. Ensure adherence to safe work practices and procedures.
12. Respond to public inquiries in a courteous manner; provide information within the area of
assignment; resolve complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
13. Perform related duties as required.
**Only apply for these roles if you have previous experience of working in a school or an education establishment or in another sector in a similar role**
A DBS would be required to obtain the position.
Aspire People Limited provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. Aspire People is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.