Speech And Language Teaching AssistantRegister with us
Job Reference: 0000138762
Date Added: 16.07.19
Job Type: Education and Training
Aspire People are looking for a Level 3 + qualified Teaching Assistant for a mainstream primary school in South Birmingham. This role will be supporting a pupil with Global Developmental Delay and Speech and Language difficulties on full-time, one to one basis.
This role is due to start in September and will be until the end of the academic year 2020 (this role may continue on after this date). The pupil is in Y2 but working to the EYFS curriculum, therefore knowledge of EYFS and KS1 curriculum is essential.
The school encompasses a nurturing environment where pupils are encouraged to lead their own learning. You will encourage this ethos through guided learning sessions and creative intervention with the pupil. The ultimate goal is for the pupil to be reintegrated into the classroom.
To be successful in this role you will require:
* Level 3 + Teaching Assistant Qualification (NVQ / CACHE preferable)
* Experience supporting pupils with SEND on a one to one basis
* Experience of MAKATON is preferable but not essential
* Excellent working knowledge of the EYFS and KS1 curriculum
* Recent primary school experience within the last 2 years
Aspire People can also offer:-
* Holiday pay
* Flexible work in schools local to where you live
* Long-term and permanent opportunities
* NQTs get a chance to complete their induction year
* A consultant to guide you through your assignments and help you with your CV and interview techniques
* We work with over 2000 schools across the midlands every year and place on average 600 people in to schools every week. We have a large number of schools that only use Aspire People and no other agencies.
Aspire People Limited provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. Aspire People is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.