Teach in the Midlands, UK
Aspire People will help teachers in Ireland relocate to the Midlands, UK. you hold QTS status we have the perfect opportunity for you, whether that is a long term role, short term opportunity and even permanent roles. We have a need for Primary, Secondary and Special Needs Teachers.
Welcome to the Aspire People family, we look forward to supporting you with your exciting journey teaching in the Midlands.
Established in 2004 by Michaela Powell, Aspire People is now one of the largest, privately owned education recruitment agencies in the UK. We place over 650 people a week in to schools, colleges, academies and nurseries throughout the West & East Midlands. Our recruitment agency is always bustling with work because we have a credible reputation throughout the industry, we care and we make the difference.
The UK has a shortage of teachers with a growing child age population. As such Aspire People are trusted by schools across the West and East Midlands to support them with their teaching needs.
If you hold QTS status we have a whole host of fantastic opportunities for you to choose from. We work with primary, secondary and special needs schools across the West and East Midlands that is 19 LEA’s for you to choose from. All of our schools have various needs for day to day, short term, long term and even permanent staff. If you are dedicated teacher who wants to inspire children then these opportunities are perfect for you.
For Newly Qualified Teachers we can also help you gain the teacher practice needed to achieve your QTS. Whether that will be in a long term position or a short term opportunity we will help you take that next step to becoming a Qualified Teacher.
We understand the move over to the UK can be full of concerns and worry. At Aspire People we look for you to join the family, you will be assigned your own dedicated consultant who will support and guide you through your journey.
What benefits do you get working with the Aspire People?
- Choice of work and types of schools
- Opportunities to build up teaching hours for QTS
- The opportunity to increase your skill sets working within an English school
- Training opportunities throughout the year, giving you the chance to further your skill sets, enhance your delivery techniques and inspire the children to learn..
- Join in our social events throughout the year, a great opportunity to socialise with other teachers. We also host fund raising events throughout the year in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust our chosen charity.
- We are aware that supply teachers need to have lots of supporting information on hand, as such we have a wealth of resources for you to use to help inspire your delivery in any class room environment.
- Working on supply gives you the work life balance.
- Your own dedicated recruitment adviser who will support you daily.
- Fast application process and fast-track DBS
- Support with interview techniques
- Regular updates on education news
- Facebook group
- Twitter page
So where does your journey start with Aspire People.
From the moment you are interviewed you will be introduced to John Bergin who is dedicated to support your transition over to the UK. John spends part of his week in our head office in Sutton Coldfield in the West Midlands and half the week back home in Clonmel, Tipperary. John has lots of experience of working in the UK and Ireland and can make sure you have the best experience.
Before coming to the UK
Once you have been interviewed we have a dedicated compliance team headed by Vanessa Gale, they will assist you with the necessary documentation and checks needed to make sure you are compliant to work in the UK.
- NI Number
- Garda Police Clearance
- DBS checks – UK
- ROI checks Ireland
Once you have everything lined up then it’s how you get here?
There are many ways to get across the Irish Sea over to the West Midlands and East Midlands.
By Plane –
West Midlands: Birmingham International Airport has direct flights to Dublin, Limerick, Waterford, Knock and Belfast. Flying with Ryanair, Aer Lingus and Flybe.
East Midlands: East Midlands Airport in Nottingham also has direct flights to Shannon, Cork, Kerry, Donegal and Dublin
By Boat –
From Dublin Port, Dun Laoighaire and Rosslare to UK.
By Coach –
Eurolines have a number of coach stations throughout Southern Ireland direct to both the West Midlands and East Midlands. Take a look at www.nationalexpress.co.uk
Where do you stay when you are here?
We will provide you with support in finding suitable accommodation, recommending nice places to stay. Short term with local bed and breakfast facilities and longer term looking at professional house shares.
How will you get paid?
We will arrange for you to have an appointment with our bank manager and help with the smooth transition of setting up a bank account. We have a dedicated payroll team who will guide you through how you will be paid weekly using online timesheet system to help make the process easier. You will also be guided through claiming weekly expenses with your umbrella company.
What sort of work is available?
For the last 11 years Aspire People have provided teachers to Primary and Secondary and SEN schools, who trust us to provide exceptional staff.
We have a selection of ongoing opportunities covering short term needs on a daily basis through to longer term contracts;
Secondary and SEN we are looking for core subject teachers (Fully qualified and NQT’s):
- Maths & Business teachers
- English teachers
- Science Teachers – Chemistry, Physics, Biology
- Design & Technology Teachers – graphics and resistant materials
We also have a need for (Fully qualified and NQT’s):
- PE Teachers – Male and Female
- Humanity Teachers – History, PSHE, Geography, Religious Education
- ICT – Business Studies
Primary and SEN we are looking for teachers (Fully qualified and NQT’s) across all year groups:
- Early Year Teachers
- Key stage 1 teachers
- Key stage 2 teachers